I Can Sew!

I've been wanting to learn how to sew for a long time.  When I was in junior high school, you could take Home Ec -- if you weren't in the band or choir.  I was in the band, so I never did all the fun sewing and cooking projects that everyone else did.  At the time, I didn't really care, but as I've been discovering my creativity, learning to sew has been high on my list.

So last week I finally decided to buy the sewing machine I've been eyeing for months.  It's the Brother CS6000i, which I picked up from Amazon.  I don't know that I could have found a better beginning sewing machine.  It's super easy to use; I had the machine threaded and was doing practice stitches within half of hour of unpacking it.  And it's a great value -- there are over 50 stitches and it comes with seven different presser feet, including a buttonhole foot.

I've been spending hours online searching for sewing patterns, and when I came across this pleated pouch tutorial, I knew I had to give it a try.  I suppose I should have been afraid of starting out with a project with a zipper in it, but I just decided not to be afraid of it!  A day after I received the sewing machine, I finished my first project.  Then I did another one a day later. 


My head is bursting with ideas -- can't wait to sew some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment