Crafting Fail

So this has not been a good week for crafting.  I finished two knit hats this week (two!  I can't believe it!).  And apparently I'm not a super-tight knitter anymore -- because both of the hats ended up being too large.  Like, way too large. Maybe I have a freakishly small head?  They both came out really well too!  I guess I just need to find somebody with a large head. 

Then I was trying a sewing project today and that didn't work out too well either.  I'm not totally throwing in the towel, but I'm unsure how to get it back on track. 

What do you do when a craft project goes awry?

3 comments:

  1. We just put those faux pas down and walk away -- sleep on it and then tackle it again the next day or another day depending on how we feel. Don't stress -- maybe smaller needles (knitting) or smaller crochet hook might help. Sewing projects we were taught to rip it out and start over -- you'll get it right the second or third time. Wishing you the best in ALL your projects.

    CRSisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, usually when craft projects start going awry, I know it's time to just stop, step away, and come back to it another day.

    Oddly enough, this is also the case with my old sewing machine. Sometimes my sewing machine starts acting weird and not sewing correctly, and the only way to "fix" it is to turn it off and come back to it later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. give up usually and try to do it again. It happens quite often with me!

    Claire

    http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk

    ReplyDelete